The UK is considered among the few countries where Indians prefer to get their higher education. However, most of the time, they get confused over the courses top British universities offer and what would be suitable for them that also have higher demand in the job market.
What they don’t know is there are short-term diploma courses ranging from 10 months to 2 years depending on the university norms and chosen subject that not only save their time but also are suitable for those who are more interested in practical learning for gaining real-life experience early.
To avoid any confusion related to the courses and visa related issues most of the Indians prefer Visa consultation from experts.
Opting for short-term diploma degrees rather than full-time from esteemed universities of the UK is good for everyone if they need:-
1. Practical Knowledge
You have chosen a course that requires you to gain more practical experience like Digital Marketing, Medical sciences, and many more.
Diploma programs are designed in such a way that focuses more on your career growth involving skill development and actual learning.
They are comparatively more affordable than a degree course and less time-consuming considering them to be the best option.
You can start your real-time earning after the completion of these diploma courses. They are specialized in upskilling and providing lots of opportunities.
There are plenty of options to choose after your 12th depending on the area of interests and resources available. Major streams are;
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Chemical Engineering
- Diploma in Automobile Engineering
Computer Science and Technology
- Diploma in Computing & IT and Mathematics
- Entry Level Diploma in Computer Science and IT
- Diploma in Network Systems and Support
- Advanced IT Courses
- Diploma in Computing and Statistics
- Diploma in Nursing Leadership and Care Management
- Social and Healthcare programs
- Diploma in Medical Science
- Diploma in Medical Lab Technology
- Diploma in Forensic Science
- Entry Level Business Management Program
- Diploma in Business Administration
- Diploma in Banking and Finance
- Diploma in Financial Accounting
- Diploma in Cabin Crew and Airport Operations
- Diploma in International Tourism Management
- Diploma in Data Science and Business Analytics
- Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing. …
- Diploma in Marketing and Communication
- Diploma in Taxation Laws
- Diploma in Information Technology Laws
- Diploma in Communication and Media Studies
- Certifications in Professional Filmmaking
Yes, there is a wide range of postgraduate diploma programs covering the most dominant fields similar in a way for graduate students but they are highly advanced and involve specific higher education. Some of them are;
|Post Graduation Diploma in Business Management
|PG in Software Development
|Animation Related Diplomas
|Post Graduate Diploma in Certified Financial Analytics
|PG Diploma in Human Resource Management
|Advanced Biotechnology Diploma Programs
|Advertisement and Brand Management PG courses
|PG in Supply Chain and Retail Management
|PG courses in Sustainable Development
|Digital Marketing one-year diploma course
It mostly depends on the chosen subject and whether you are appearing for undergraduate diplomas or postgraduate courses.
- Your age should be a minimum of 18 years.
- For students who belong to Arts, Management, or Marketing related streams, you need to score at least 65% in your 12th examinations.
- For Science and Engineering background students, a minimum of 70-80% is required depending on the university criteria.
- Foundations and other diploma programs will need a 60% score.
- All Indian and international students must attempt one of the language proficiency tests among IELTS, PTE or TOEFL.
- If any university asks for your SAT or ACT score, then you should have to submit those as well.
- Anyone holding 3 or 4 years of graduation degree is qualified for the PG diploma courses in the UK.
- However, the minimum percentage eligibility might differ with the chosen program or college requirements.
- An average of 70-75% is applicable nearly for all postgraduate diplomas.
- A minimum of 300-320 GRE scores with 550-600 GMAT test scores are required for PG programs.
- You have to submit either IELTS, PTE, or TOEFL test scores to qualify for admission.
Depending on your main subject for diploma programs, you can choose among these topmost UK universities.
1. Staffordshire University in London for Medical and Healthcare programs
2. Leeds Trinity University, the campus is in Horsforth, Leeds, West Yorkshire, England, known for journalism and related programs of diplomas.
3. The University of Bolton in Greater Manchester, England specializes in Undergrad programs.
4. Teesside University located in central Middlesbrough in the North East of England popular for Management Programs.
5. Leeds Beckett University is a private university in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England known for its Management and Technology courses.
6. University of Chester in Chester, England excellence in Arts, Humanities, and Engineering subjects
7. London Metropolitan University located in London, England for Data Analytics and Science stream.
8. University of Cumbria with many campuses located in Carlisle, Ambleside, and Lancaster, England. They all could be excellent choices for health or science background students.
9. Coventry University in London is known for its excellence in Computer Science, Informatics, and Electronic Engineering.
10. Writtle University College near Chelmsford, Essex, London specializes in Physiotherapy and Honors degrees.
Although it completely depends on your selected university and the diploma stream of the subject. But to suggest an average amount of tuition fee including all basic learning courses, you can expect a range between INR 2 Lakhs to 4 Lakhs on a yearly basis.
For an immigrant Indian student, you must be wondering what would be the average living cost in the UK. Also, some universities offer one-time lunches to their students. So, you can expect to have at least INR 1 to 2 Lakh in a year for your basic expenditures.
If you are planning to get a one-year diploma course in the UK, you must know how and where to apply.
- Choose the best university for yourself depending on the course you have selected.
- Visit their official website to learn more about the facilities and benefits they offer to their students.
- Filter at least the top 5 or 6 universities of your domain and compare all of them.
- When you are left with 1 or 2 colleges, check their date of admission and the how to apply section.
- Go through all their requirements, fee details, and process of admission for your convenience.
- Book a counseling session if needed. Otherwise, check their application form, fill in the prerequisites, and submit the form.
- They will contact you in case your profile gets approved.
- If anything more is required, they will inform you or issue an offer letter to you directly.
- You will have to take at least 6 months before your classes start for the UK student visa application process.
- Apply for a study visa either online or take support from a professional visa consultant.
- After you have your visa, you can start your learning journey in the UK.
A number of UK universities offer diploma or short-term courses in specialized fields to their students having the goal of providing practical knowledge and experience in a short duration. However, choosing which university and the diploma will be suitable for you is a bit confusing, therefore professional support is always recommended.
It depends on the program you have selected, but with the right financial planning, you can get an affordable higher education in the UK.
There are widely accepted programs taught by universities in the UK including Marketing, Management, or Science fields which can be both affordable and job-centric.
Yes, you are eligible for domain-specific employment opportunities after completing the diploma degree.
You can apply for a PR visa only after completing your 5 years of stay in the UK.
You can choose what course you want to enroll in and according to this you can apply for your desired university online or hire a professional who can support you.