The USA is known for its technological advancement with multiple rising opportunities in it. Many people have dreams of searching for a better career and lifestyle in the country. Also, the US invites a large number of immigrants, especially those with computer science and information technology backgrounds. However, considering applicants withBCA or Bachelor of Computer Application degreeslack real-time skills and abilities might be the major issue for most companies in the USA.
In this blog, we will learn more about the BCA salary in USA for fresher and also explore the options for different opportunities.
The Bachelor of Computer Application is a course including subjects like computer programming and software technologies. The typical BCA program lasts for 4 years with a semester-wise education curriculum. You can enter into roles such as Software and Web developers, Computer programmers, Data and cyber analysts, and many more. Students pursuing this program can grow their careers in both financial and personal development fields.
If you have any confusion related to any program then you can also take the help of a USA study visa consultant in Jalandhar.
As the USA is not very prevalent in offering BCA courses, you can still pursue your degrees in these and get similar job opportunities in the market.
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Information Technology (BASIT)
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (BSCS)
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems (BSIS)
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems (BSCIS)
Apart from holding a BCA degree, there are some relevant skills and abilities that are highly in demand for today’s job market in the USA.
- Problem-Solving skills
- They must be detail-oriented.
- Extraordinary communication and listening skills
- Adaptability and Teamwork
- Effective Time Management
- Leadership Qualities
- Work Ethics and Moral Values
- Curious to learn
Those who want to pursue their BCA in the US have several advantages over anywhere else. The primary reason would be the availability of tremendous employment opportunities and the work culture adopted in American companies. Other reasons are;
1. More practical learning
The USA offers an environment suitable for students to learn with a more practical approach rather than relying on theoretical knowledge.
2. Universally accepted degree
The degree or experience you will get here in the US post-program duration is valuable and can be accepted worldwide.
3. Career and Financial Stability
Pursuing your BCA in the USA provides you with a better career with financial security.
4. Flexibility in lifestyle
Your way of seeing life will be changed and you will be more flexible and adaptive in the way you lead your future.
5. Scholarships and Guidance
USA universities also offer you several scholarships depending on your academic performance. They will also guide you in your learning journey.
You can find an ample number of opportunities in various fields as a BCA graduate unless you invest yourself in continuous upskilling and learning. If you are ready to be curious to learn and commit to deal with the challenges, then let’s understand what are some of the jobs you can do in the USA;
- Software Engineer/Developer design and optimize software to meet today’s requirements.
- Data Analysts/Administrators organize and store data to derive meaningful conclusions.
- IT Support/Consultants supporting individuals to effectively use information technology and their features.
- Game Developers are in demand considering users are spending most of their time playing games and they always want new things.
- Cybersecurity and IT Analysts are responsible for detecting issues and solving them for further protection.
Recommended read, Why Is Studying In The USA So Unique For Foreign Students
Now that you know what are some of the roles in which you can start your career, it is time to understand the financial aid you will get from various organizations. Here are some top IT companies and their offered salary range for an entry-level BCA graduate, although it can also depend on your negotiation skills.
|Annual Salary Package
|$65,000 – $90,000 per year
|$60,000 – $80,000 per year
|$58,000 – $75,000 per year
|$70,000 – $85,000 per year
|$50,000 – $65,000 per year
|$55,000 – $70,000 per year
|$60,000 – $75,000 per year
|$50,000 – $60,000 per year
Applying for work permit in the USA requires;
- Submitting a valid F-1 student visa post-completion of your training or OPT.
- A Job Offer Letter
- Documents including passport, I-94, and I-20 form, photographs, and degree completion proof.
- Recommendation Letter from your university after OPT.
- Pay full fees
- Apply around 90 days in advance for processing.
Most IT firms in the United States provide appealing pay scales to their employees, not just experienced ones, but also those who have recently completed their BCA degree or related. They can begin their career with an average beginning salary of $50,000 to $75,000 per year. However, the profession needs focused upskilling as well as a learning methodology.
You can earn over $50,000 to $75,000 per year in the USA if you have just started working.
Any computer science degree holder can apply for a job in the USA with extraordinary technical skills. Also, relevant experience might be an additional advantage.
Although you can appear for a job interview with a BCA degree having relevant experience and skills with an established portfolio can not be avoided.
There is no exact number suggesting the highest pay scale, however, you can earn up to more than $120,000 after 5+ years of experience in the same domain.
As a BCA graduate, you can enter demanding fields like Computer and IT, Blockchain and Artificial Technology, or Database Administration and Analyst.