Is the UK considered the best study destination for you? Well, it entirely depends on your priorities as an international student. So, if you have chosen a program that requires practical learning and wants a culture different from the one you are living in then the UK might be your best option. However, millions of students are already in the race to apply for a study visa in the UK, making it more difficult to even clear the documentation process.
Let’s say somehow you manage to save yourself a seat for the visa interview process. How are you going to prepare for the UK visa interview round? What questions do you need to go through that might be asked in the interview? Also, are there other common tips to crack the UK study application visa interview?
You will get all your answers through this article as a guide for your interview preparation. But before that, you need to have a clear mind with a definitive goal that will keep you motivated and ready for the verbal round.
1. Why the UK or is there any specific reason for choosing the UK as your study destination?
It is one of the most common questions that can be asked to you at any point. The officials want to understand “your” reason for getting higher education in the UK. Avoid cliche answers and give an honest opinion on what’s your take on it.
2. Why have you chosen a particular program and what do you know about it?
This question is somewhat related to the above one as you might be asked why you have chosen a particular course and the university. For this, you need to go through the university’ official website and the details of your selected program.
3. How will this course benefit you in the long run or are there any future perspectives?
What are your future plans and what do you do after getting a degree in a particular field? Such questions will be tackled by doing hands-on research on the job opportunities related to your stream and how to get one.
4. What are you planning to do to support your finances while staying in the UK?
While staying in the UK, you need to support yourself financially. While conducting the visa interview, members can ask whether or not they are planning to do any part-time jobs while pursuing the course.
5. Where will you stay while living in the UK?
The answer to this question depends on whether your university is providing a hostel facility or how much you can pay for rent. For the other one, you need to research the area-wise cost of living.
6. In which sector or industry you are planning to work?
Even before opting for a particular program, you need to have a well-versed knowledge about the nature of work you will get after degree completion. Make sure that the chosen subject has a lot of future opportunities even in your home country.
7. What is your intentions towards leaving the UK after completing your course?
The interviewer must ask this question in order to get an idea about your intentions, whether you will leave the country or have another plan.
8. Can you provide any instances that will explain your personality?
However, almost all of your personal records will be submitted along with the documentation. They surely will ask again so that any false or negative information will be known.
9. How will you spend your long vacation while studying?
In between your study, you will definitely get a long vacation mostly on Christmas or depending on the university. They want to know how you are going to use this spare time. You can join your course-related internships or part-time gigs in order to gain more skills.
10. Is it your first time studying outside of your native country?
The reasoning behind such a question is most probably to know how well prepared you are with your stay if you are a newbie or whether or not this would be your first-time UK study visa application process.
Tips to crack the UK student visa interview process
- Avoid any false or vague statements
- Thorough practice your answers before the actual interview
- Be clear and concise with your answers
- Don’t use a fake accent. Be as realistic as you are.
- Research well via online or offline materials.
- Take professional help if needed.
Clearing an interview for a UK study visa requires you to have a clear mindset with rigorous practice of such questions. However, you can expect diversity in the type and number of questions asked but have a common goal to judge your credibility and consciousness towards the decision to opt for the UK for your higher education. So, in order to crack the UK student visa interview round, you need to give answers as clearly and concisely as possible. Also, avoid false and negative remarks while answering the questions as it may hurt your credibility and the image you want to show to them.